All were cooked in a convection oven. The difference between a convection oven and a conventional oven is the addition of a fan. With the fan operating, the cooking time and/or temperature can be lowered.
- 1 pound each: butternut squash, carrots and sweet potatoes peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- 1 -2 Tablespoons of liquid consisting of a combination of any of these: water, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, orange juice concentrate, maple syrup
- 1 large pinch salt or to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the vegetable and placed in a bowl and add other ingredients and mix (or do all this directly on the cooking surface of choice to reduce dishwashing).
- This dish can be open roasted or put in foil or parchment paper packet (easiest cut in a moon or heart shape with the paper folds starting at the fat top of the heart and close to the vegetables).
Place vegetables in a single layer on the chosen food holder. In a pre-heated oven, cook for 50-60 min on 350F in a conventional oven or at 300F in a convection oven.
For a dryer texture, open roast on a sheet pan. For a more “steamy” mouthfeel, cook in a foil or parchment paper packet. The veggies should be fork tender at the end of cooking time.